tracking search

May 15, 2009 at 3:11 PM

Hi,

I have a simple Search TextBox and CommandButton in my Silverlight app and I want to track in Google Analytics what people are searching for.

Should I use TrackPageView or TrackEvent?

In case the answer is TrackEvent I'd like to know how to handle that exactly (I've got the videoTracker example working, but I'm not sure on how to translate this to other scenarios).

Thanks in advance!

Coordinator
Jul 25, 2009 at 4:56 PM

TrakePageView is probably the way to go.  You can go into analytics and configure it so that it will parse the URL's used by your search pages and show you what keywords people are searching for.

Jul 25, 2009 at 10:33 PM
Thanks for the reply!

Van: coryking [mailto:notifications@codeplex.com]
Verzonden: za 25/07/2009 18:56
Aan: Rutger Buijzen | DotControl
Onderwerp: Re: tracking search [SilverlightAnalytics:56447]

TrakePageView is probably the way to go. You can go into analytics and configure it so that it will parse the URL's used by your search pages and show you what keywords people are searching for.

Read the full discussion online <http://silverlightanalytics.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=56447&ANCHOR#Post216009> .

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email ([email removed] <mailto:[email removed]?subject=[SilverlightAnalytics:56447]> )

To start a new discussion for this project, email [email removed]

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe <http://www.codeplex.com/site/discussions/thread/unsubscribe/56447> on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DISCLAIMER: This e-mail and the information it contains is for the use of the addressee(s) only. Any use by a party other than the addressee(s) is prohibited and may be unlawful. The sender is neither liable for the proper and complete transmission of the information contained in this e-mail nor for any delay in its receipt.